CARPENTERS APPRENTICESHIP OPEN YEAR-ROUND- Incl. Drywall-Lather, Acoustical Installer, Hardwood Floor Layer, Insulator, Scaffold Erector, Shingler, Millwright, Mill Cabinet Maker, and Pile Driver
Applications continuously being accepted
Apprenticeship Application Information
For: Carpenter, Drywall-Lather, Acoustical Installer, Hardwood Floor Layer, Insulator, Scaffold Erector, Shingler, Millwright, Mill Cabinet Maker, and Pile Driver.
Areas Serviced: Northern 46 Counties
Open Enrollment: Applications are accepted year round. Applications for your specific trade should be submitted to the corresponding location. See Below.
Click here to visit the Carpenters Training Center for Northern California’s website for the online application or more information
***NOTE: Women who are interested in working in the Carpenter trades are highly encouraged to attend our Entry Workshop for further assistance with their application.
- Applicants MUST be 18 years old, or 17 years old and have a parent or guardian sign their agreements.
- Applicants MUST have a High School Diploma or a GED equivalent, or verified 6 months full-time work experience in a construction related trade, or graduated from an approved pre-apprenticeship program.
- Applicant SHOULD have a valid Drivers License
- Applicant SHOULD have reliable transportation.
- Application may be submitted online, printed online, or picked up at any Carpenters Local Union office, Apprentice Training Center, or Employment Development Department in your area.
- All Printed Applications may be submitted in person at the District Office/Training Center Monday through Friday, 7am-5pm. Applicants can print and mail their applications at any time. Upon the receipt of a properly completed printed application it will be entered into the Applicant Referral List in numeric sequence. Applications will be entered in the order they are received in person and alphabetized when received by mail.
- A confirmation letter or email will be given or sent to the applicant. This letter will serve as verification that the application has been entered into our system.
- You may call the district office in your area from 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday if you have any questions.
WHERE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION MATTERS
-For specific trade applicants, check below where you should submit your application-
- Commercial Carpenter: All Locations
- Drywall / Lathers: ONLY at Hayward facility
- All Insulators: ONLY at Fairfield, Pleasanton, Fresno, & Morgan Hill facilities
- Millwrights: ONLY at Pleasanton facility
- Modular System Installers: ONLY at Hayward facility
- Pile Drivers: ONLY at Fairfield facility