UA #342 ACCEPTING APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS: Sept. 20, 2021 – Sept. 24, 2021
*APPLICATION DATES, INTAKE LIMITS, & PROCESSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 CONDITIONS.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES AT : www.ua342.org
Application to be submitted in person: Sept. 20, 2021 – Sept. 24, 2021 8:00 AM to 12 :00 PM ONLY.
UA Local 342 Training Center
935 Detroit Avenue
Concord, CA 94518
Please Note: Applications must be completed in person. You cannot apply without the required items listed below.
UA #342 accepting applications for Plumbing, Steamfitting and Welding Apprenticeships for Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
CLICK HERE to visit this post on UA #342’s website and to get more information.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please note: The copies you provide will not be returned)
- Proof of age is required at the time of application: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age; or will be 18 years of age by January 2022. You must provide a copy of one of the following:
- Valid Driver License, or
- Valid Sate Issued Identification Card, or
- Birth Certificate along with a photo I.D., or
- Proof of of High School Diploma or legal equivalent is required when applying: You must provide a copy of one of the following: age is required at the time of application:
- High School Diploma, or
- General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) or
- If not yet graduated from high school, Current Official Sealed Transcripts
Applicant must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicants who meet the above requirements will be scheduled to take a two-part written test approx. one month after application: Numerical Ability (Math) and Mechanical Aptitude. The minimum passing score shall be a 75% composite grade.
- Applicants successfully passing the qualifying written test will be scheduled and notified for an oral interview with the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. The minimum passing score for interview shall be a 75%.
- Upon completion of the oral interview, applicants will be evaluated based on their qualifying written test results and oral interview scoring. Applicants passing overall evaluation will be placed on a ranked and rated eligibility list (highest scorer and down) for possible call-up when apprentices are to be taken into the program.
- A minimum of five (5) years of on-the-job training and five (5) years of school. Apprentices attend classes (2-3) nights or days per week, with the possibility of (1) 10-hour Day Classes every other week for the first two years. Some Saturday classes may apply.
UA Local #342 Offers 4 Locations for Apprenticeship Test Preparation.
Liberty High School
Phone#: (707) 747-8323
Location: 350 East J Street, Benicia, CA 94510
Class Days & Times: Tuesday & Thursday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Pittsburg Adult Education
Phone#: (925) 473-2400
Location: 1151 Stoneman Avenue, Pittsburg, CA 94565
Class Days & Times: Tuesday & Thursday 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Contra Costa College
Phone#: (510) 231-1453
Location: 2600 Mission Bell Dr., San Pablo, CA 94806
Class Days & Times: Monday & Wednesday 6:00-8:00 p.m.
McClymonds High School
Location: 2607 Myrtle St. #132, Oakland CA 94607
Class Days & Times: Tuesday & Thursday from 5:00-7:30
UA #342 strongly encourages those who are interested in applying to attend these classes as they have proven to be highly beneficial for the applicant.
The class materials are $16 and $18, enrollment is free.