SAN MATEO COUNTY ELECTRICAL JATC ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INSIDE WIREMAN APPRENTICESHIP
Applications available on various dates during the month of April, 2021 between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at 625 Industrial Road, San Carlos. See dates below.
April 19, 2021
April 26, 2021
April 20, 2021
April 27, 2021
|April 21, 2021||April 28, 2021|
|April 22, 2021||April 29, 2021|
|April 23, 2021||April 30, 2021|
THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE AT WWW.SMJATC617.ORG AND BRING IT TO THE APPRENTICESHIP OFFICE ON THE DATE YOU APPLY. THIS WILL EXPEDITE THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
A pool of eligible applicants will be established consisting of individuals who qualify and complete the interview process.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TRADE:
- The Apprentice works directly under the supervision of a Journeyman Electrician. The trade requires considerable physical effort on the part of the Apprentice to do climbing, crawling, crouching and working in cramped quarters. Wiring is frequently color-coded and therefore, the worker cannot be colorblind. Mechanical ability and finger dexterity are essential. Electrician’s work may be performed either indoors or outdoors, in existing or new buildings under construction, including street and highway lighting, traffic signals and other outdoor above and below grade installation, regardless of weather conditions.
- Applicant must present a valid California Driver’s License to qualify.
- Applicant must be a High School Graduate or the equivalent (i.e. GED, CHSPE).
- Applicant must have completed one full year of High School Algebra or Calculus with a “C” grade or better, or one semester of post High School Algebra or Calculus with a “C” grade or better (Community College, Adult Education). Completion of the NJATC Online Tech Math course will be accepted as an equivalent mathematical competency (www.njatc.utk.edu).
- Official transcripts MUST be presented at the time of Application, at the San Mateo J.A.T.C. (625 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide copies of all required documents. No copies will be made by the J.A.T.C.
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be eligible for the Written Examination.
- Applicants who receive a qualifying score on the Written Examination will be scheduled for an Oral Interview.
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing will be required.
Click here to visit SMJATC617’s website for more detailed information.
DATE OF EXAMINATION AND/OR ORAL INTERVIEW:
- Qualified Applicants will be notified by mail of the exact date, time and place to report for the examination and/or oral interview.
- Starting wage a provided by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
APPLICANTS WITH PRIOR ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE:
To qualify for a Placement Test and Oral Interview, an applicant with prior electrical experience must complete an Application Form, have a minimum of four thousand (4,000) hours of substantiated electrical construction work experience, and meet the following basic requirements:
- Applicant must have a valid California Driver’s License to be qualified.
- Applicant must present documentation of a minimum of four thousand (4,000) hours of substantiated electrical construction experience, in the form of payroll statements or a transcript of wages and employers from the IRS (www.irs.gov, click on “Get Transcript of Your Tax Records”).
- Pre-employment Drug Testing will be required.
- Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be scheduled for a Placement Test to establish on-the-job credit and the appropriate period for related instruction within the Apprenticeship program.
The San Mateo Electrical Workers Apprenticeship and Training Trust admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, program and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarship, loan and other program.
WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
625 Industrial Road
San Carlos, CA. 94070