AB&I ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC
Application deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
AB&I Foundry produces quality cast iron soil pipe and fittings for Drain, Waste and Vent (DWV) plumbing systems. AB&I steadfastly adheres to ethical standards of business and adheres to quality standards for our products.
Click here for more detailed information and to apply.
- 3-5 years of Industrial hydraulic and pneumatic experience
- Welding – mig & stick
- Cutting with a torch
- Be able to use hand tools
- Be able to do some metal fabrication
- Furnishes own hand tools such as crescent wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, allen wrenches
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Performs all other duties as required or directed by supervisor.
- Wears required personal protection equipment and follows safety rules/procedures to the letter.
- Demonstrates initiative and self starting ability as well as team work.
- Must wear proper PPE such as, goggles, ear plugs, hard hat, and metatarsal boots.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand English, so that he can communicate effectively with other departments.
- Graduated from High School or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of and familiarity with hand tools and power tools.
- Proven track record of excellent attendance and dependability.
- Proven ability to learn and to work aggressively in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be able to work independently
- Must be dependable, detail oriented and cooperative.
- Demonstrated ability to follow safety procedures.
- Exposure to disagreeable working conditions such as dust, dirt, heat, fumes, noise, and vibration, but not continuous or excessive.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL – sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA – gender identity), (In CA – gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.