JVS AND COLLEGE OF ALAMEDA: NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Get Prepared for a
Locations: This is a remote program run by JVS and the College of Alameda.
Classes will take place on Zoom.
Program Dates January 25 – May 21, 2021
Are you interested in a Automotive/Diesel pre-apprenticeship in mechanics? Get the skills you need to pass union exams and other public agency exams. These agencies offer career opportunities for advancement, great pay and benefits.
Do you enjoy hands-on work? Have you thought about a career in auto mechanics? Union apprenticeships and careers in public agencies offer great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Get prepared for apprenticeships and mechanical-related exams with our free 16-week Automotive/Diesel Pre-Apprentice program. Women and job seekers with previous conviction histories are encouraged to apply.
This Pre-apprenticeship provides:
Information about specific trades/utilities, career pathways, job requirements, application process; gain practical experience in trade-specific skills, tools identification and use.
- College-provided Automotive/Diesel Tech classes,
- Math for Trades class, OSHA 10 and HAZWOPER certifications
- JVS-provided Job Readiness classes
- Math Refresher workshops
- Employer-sponsored on-the-job training
- Age 18 or older by January 25, 2021
- Open to Alameda County residents only
- Authorized to work in the US by January 25, 2021
- Have CDL or obtain by January 25
- Black Indigenous Person of color, former foster youth, justice-involved populations (previously incarcerated), low-income, TAY (transition age youth), veterans,
women encouraged to apply
- Have GED or high school diploma
- Proof of Selective service registration
- Interest in Auto mechanics
PLEASE NOTE: THE DEALINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED
Please contact Jessica Fontenot at email@example.com immediately to apply.