SPRINKLER FITTERS APPRENTICESHIP OPENINGS
Application deadline: Continuously accepting applications online.
The United Association’s Sprinkler Fitters Local 669 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) is currently accepting applications for our apprenticeship program throughout the United States. The Apprenticeship Program is a five-year program with on the job training and a 19 Course correspondence through a nationally recognized college. Once you have entered the Apprenticeship Program and have completed your six-month probationary period you will become a member of Local 669. We encourage all to apply!
Click here for more detailed information.
NATURE OF WORK:
The principle function of a sprinkler fitter is the installation of fire protection systems. This includes:
- Underground supply piping, which is connected to an integrated overhead piping system for suppression of fire.
- Safety is first and foremost: therefore you will be trained in the care and proper use of tools and equipment associated with fire sprinkler installations.
WAGE AND BENEFITS:
- The apprentice will receive an appropriate percentage of the Journeyman wage.
- The sprinkler Fitter wage rate is negotiated state by state, based on the economic conditions of the state.
- Every six months of the Apprenticeship the apprentice’s records are reviewed to make sure that there is satisfactory progress both on-the-job and in the related training courses.
- Satisfactory progress means advancement to the next classification and a wage increase until the Apprentice completes the five-year program.
- All apprentices will participate in a Health and Welfare program that provides medical coverage and life insurance.
- Apprentice will start building a pension once they meet the requirements to begin participation.
- Both the Health & Welfare and Pension programs are among the finest in the construction industry.
To qualify for the Sprinkler Fitters 669 Training Program, you must check to confirm the following five items:
Training Program Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be physically fit to do the work of the trade
- Must have other than dishonorable discharge from military (if applicable)
- Must be able to pass appropriate drug test and medical exam (paid for by sponsor)
Click here to visit UA Road Sprinkler Fitters Local 669’s website.