EAST BAY REGIONAL PARK DISTRICT ELECTRICIAN OPENING
Application deadline: Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5:00PM
The Park District currently has one vacancy located at the North County Corporation Yard in Orinda, CA. The hiring pools established as a result of this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and any additional vacancies that may occur during the one year life of the hiring pools.
What Are the Job Duties:
You’ll perform a variety of tasks from routine electrical system maintenance to advanced diagnostics. You’ll be servicing, repairing, and replacing electronic motors, controls, distribution, and lighting equipment. At the Park District, you’ll find an opportunity to apply modern technologies in ways that improve electrical system functions and reliability. Working alongside other skilled trades, you’ll help to preserve the safe and natural environment of the East Bay Regional Park District.
Click here for more detailed information and to apply online.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- Enjoys using modern technology to improve electrical system functions
- Are meticulous, independent, and able to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Troubleshoots electrical systems;
- Installs electrical service conductors and branch circuits;
- Assembles, installs, and repairs electrical fixtures and equipment including, but not limited to: lighting systems, distribution panels, starters, controllers, motors (including 3-phase), aters, generators, transformers, switchgear, relays, and signaling systems;
- Repairs and maintains pumping systems, including work in class 1 hazardous locations;
- Maintains an electrical shop and parts inventory operates electrical equipment;
- Cleans and services hand and power tools and electrical testing equipment;
- Makes rough sketches and recommends sizing and components for new electrical systems;
- Estimates costs of electrical work and repairs;
- Reads and works from blueprints;
- Evaluates electrical failures for probable cause and provides preventative and corrective measures;
- Inspects facilities for electrical code and safety compliance;
- Consults with supervisor, crew, staff, and contractor/vendors as necessary for work projects;
- Performs administrative tasks, such as, ordering and purchasing supplies, monitoring contracts, completing fixed asset inventories.
- Trains, orients, and leads other District employees;
- Prepares technical contracts, acting also as District representative.
- May be requested to act as Crafts Maintenance Supervisor in their absence.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, and
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in electrical work or four years experience as a journey-level electrician
- Principles, methods, materials, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment;
- National Electrical Code, Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety, Cal OSHA regulations and other
Federal and State regulations regarding safety and construction.
- Safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide variety of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and equipment;
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all
levels, including a culturally diverse general public, with a focus on quality service to internal and external customers;
- Perform complex math computations, especially in regards to electrical theory;
- Lead and instruct others in maintenance and repair activities;
- Work outside and under adverse working conditions;
- Follow oral and written directions.
Application materials for this position consist of two (2) required parts:
- A current East Bay Regional Park District application submitted online, and
- Completed supplemental questions
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least one (1) hour to submit your application if you are a
new user to the system. If you have previously applied on GovernmentJobs.com, please take care to update your existing
profile. Applications are accepted online only. Our online application system is provided by NeoGov. If you encounter problems
while applying online, please contact the NeoGov Help Desk toll-free at (855) 524-5627.
Click here for the online application.