RUBICON HIRING LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER (Livermore)
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Under the general supervision of a Landscape Supervisor, the Crew Leader acts as the primary source of ensuring job site quality; this includes ensuring that tools and equipment are maintained in good order and the maintenance of a safe and orderly work environment. This is a full-time non-exempt position subject to SCA prevailing wage. Main location Livermore, secondary sites in Palo Alto, and Menlo Park.
Click here for more detailed information.
- Job site quality: Distribute work among crew members, oversee tasks, monitor work quality and serve as the crew’s liaison to management. Inherent is responsibility for the consistent delivery of on-time work product and service consistent with Rubicon Landscape and contract quality standards
- Flowers, shrubs, ground covers, lawns, hedges and other plants: Plant, grade, seed and fertilize; mow, trim and weed; spray. Remove debris, water and make advanced irrigation adjustments
- Vehicles and equipment: Clean and prepare vehicles for the next service day; inspect and maintain equipment (includes
lubricating as needed) before use to ensure proper and safe operation; report problems to the Supervisor
- General safety: Including the immediate reporting of unsafe working conditions and/or practices to the Supervisor.
* NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Rubicon reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Leadership, reliability, teamwork, interpersonal flexibility, solid communication skills, a customer service approach, and
receptivity to instructions and feedback from supervisors.
- Proficiency in the use and inspection of backpack sprayers, pole saw/pruners, hand saws, lawn mowers greater than 36”
rototillers, brush chippers, aerators and thatchers.
- Advanced irrigation repairs knowledge; position will support the installation and maintenance of irrigation equipment and
systems on large campus / jobsites. Familiarity with various controllers, programming, troubleshooting. In depth
irrigation skill for main line repairs, 6 inch on down.
- Proficiency in the proper techniques and methods of pruning and shaping trees and other specimens naturally, and of applying fertilizers and pesticides.
- Familiarity with tractor/loader operations.
- Experience working with disabled workforce highly desired.
Requirements ( Must be able to work outside during all seasons of the year).
- Using company vehicles, this position requires travel throughout the Bay Area to transport crews and or equipment. Therefore, proof of a valid driver license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle report are required.
- Bend and/or kneel up to 10% of the time.
- Lift, reach, carry, push, pull: up to 50 pounds and up to 50% of the time.
- Stand, walk up to 90% of the time.
- Must be able to work outside during all seasons of the year