RUBICON HIRING LANDSCAPE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR II
Application deadline: Open until filled.
The Landscape Maintenance Supervisor II works under the direction of an Account Manager or the General Manager to provide landscape maintenance services at sites located in San Francisco.
The Operations Supervisor II will interact with Rubicon Landscape customers to ensure that service and work quality meet or exceed customer expectations; train, mentor and supervise a crew to deliver on those expectations, all the while maintaining a professional, safe and productive work environment wherein staff learn new skills, work collaboratively and deliver high-quality, on-time, within budget landscaping work. The Supervisor II will have direct responsibility for the performance and welfare of subordinates such as Supervisor I(s), Crew leaders, Lead Workers and other landscape workers and trainees as required by specific contract situations, some with special needs, while delivering on contract commitments, achieving budget and assuring customer satisfaction.
Click here for more detailed information.
- Ultimate responsibility for the delivery of on-time, within-budget delivery of contract-compliant service and work products, and for job-site customer satisfaction. This includes but is not limited to coordinating the work and schedules of crew members and sub-contractors, tools and equipment and managing customer concerns and issues to resolution; also
includes performing hands-on landscaping maintenance and construction work as needed. Landscape maintenance tasks
includes, but not limited to, irrigation, planting, turf maintenance, mowing, integrated pest management, equipment
operation and maintenance.
- Supervision: Includes scheduling, training, coaching and overall performance management with responsibility for skill
development, productivity and crew morale.
- Job Site Safety: For the worksite, crew members and for the general public. Includes responsibility for preventative and
regular maintenance, repairs and the purchase of supplies and replacements as warranted; also includes the appropriate
and timely reporting and escalation of incidents and issues.
* To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Comprehensive supervisory experience and expertise; leadership qualities, professionalism, outstanding communication
skills and interpersonal flexibility. Demonstrated organizational abilities including effectively utilizing subordinate
managers and work crews to accomplish objectives. Problem-solver.
- Extensive operational responsibility and expertise in the horticulture, agriculture or similar industry. Hands-on
understanding of best-practice landscape maintenance and construction techniques, methods and tools. Experience
working on large scale campus, for municipalities or public trust lands is highly desirable. Experience and/or aptitude to
learn and embrace landscaping practices for natural and restored habitats. Knowledge of commercial and
organic/alternative herbicides, insecticides, and fertilizer applications. Holds or ability to hold Qualified Applicator License.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel efficiently throughout the Bay Area to transport crews, tools and equipment to various job sites, therefore proof of a valid driver license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report are required.
- Proficient using computers, email, industry applications for business operations.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting including cost sheets, timesheets, charge and receipt records, disciplinary
warnings and supporting documents.
- Patience and sensitivity towards employees, Trainees with special needs or backgrounds with similar challenges like
- Spanish/English spoken proficiency is highly desired.
Physical Requirements ( Must be able to work outside during all seasons of the year).
- Bend and/or kneel up to 10% of the time applicants will be required to complete a Random Selection Form.
- Lift, reach, carry, push, pull: up to 50 pounds and up to 50% of the time.
- Stand, walk up to 90% of the time.