IBEW 684 JATC ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR APPRENTICESHIP
Application deadline: Applications accepted the 1st Thursday of each month between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM (none in December).
The Central Valley JATC will be accepting applications for the Electrical Apprenticeship the 1st Thursday of the month between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM (none in December).
Click here for detailed information.
Minimum Requirements for Testing:
- Must present a high school diploma or G.E.D. with a minimum score of 40 in each test and 225 overall (old scoring method) 410 each test and 2050 overall (new scoring method) at the time of filing for application.
- Must be 17 years of age or older at the time of application. (Applicants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian, sign the application also). Legal proof of age is required.
- Must present official High School/College transcripts or original report cards showing proof of passing grade (“C”) or better in: two semesters of high school algebra, one semester of college algebra, or provide evidence of successful completion of the NJATC online math course at the time of application.
- Applicants must possess a valid ID at time of application. Upon hire they will be required to possess a valid driver’s license with unlimited use of personal vehicle. A printout of your DMV driving record will also be required at the time of application.
- Individuals who can verify (by providing undisputable evidence) they have worked a minimum of 4,000 hours specifically in the electrical construction trade and meet the math and vision requirements will qualify for oral interview.
- Submit DD214 to verify military training and/or experience if you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training or experience.
- Must be willing to attend ALL required classes of related instruction.
- Must be physically able to perform all work of a construction electrician. Must present proof of normal color vision through Ishihara Test at time of application.
- Must be willing and able to work for approved employers in Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Merced and Mariposa counties, as required by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
Central Valley JATC
1925 Yosemite Blvd.
Modesto, CA 95354
Telephone: (209) 579-5417