SAN MATEO COUNTY ELECTRICAL JATC ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: August 17 through August 31, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Apprenticeship Application Notice:
The Applications will be available to fill out at our office or online and bring with you on an application day. You are encouraged to fill out your application online and bring it to the apprenticeship office on the date you apply. This will expedite the application process. Applications will only be accepted Monday through Friday August 17 to August 31, 2020 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Click here to visit SMJATC617’s website for more detailed information.
Required Documents (You must have these documents on the day you apply. Copies must be presented at time of application):
- Copy of Photo Identification in the form of Driver’s Licenses.
- Proof of completion of High School, such as High School diploma, transcript with graduation date, or equivalence (i.e. GED, CHSPE)
- Proof of ONE of the following mathematics competencies:
- Algebra or Calculus with a grade of C or higher. This could be one full year (two semesters) of high school Algebra or one semester of post High School Algebra (Community College, Adult Education). A GED or diploma is not proof of fulfillment of the math requirement. An official school transcript will show the course and grade. You can request one from your school. If you took a course that you believe fulfills the requirement but it is not call “Algebra” or “Calculus,” a syllabus/course description must be provided to prove the math taken is in fact “Algebra” or Calculus.”
- Provide evidence of having passed the NJATC Tech Math course Information about the Tech Math course is available at www.njatc.utk.edu.
- Applicants must provide COPIES of all required documents.
- No copies will be made by the SMJATC.
- Non-English documents must be translated and notarized with an embossed notary seal.
- Applicants must obtain their own documents.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age on the date of filing an application.
- All applicants must apply in person with copies of all three (3) required documents at SMJATC, 625 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA. 94070. All applicants must be United States Citizens or meet INS requirements. possess a high school diploma, high
- Complete either the online application form or the application provided at the apprenticeship office. Please be accurate and respond to all questions including statements indication that you are:
- Physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical area that this apprenticeship program covers.
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights.
- Able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces.
- Able to read, hear and understand instructions and warnings.
625 Industrial Road
San Carlos, CA. 94070