NORTHERN CALIFORNIA VALLEY SHEET METAL WORKERS’ TRAINING CENTER
Application deadline: Continuously testing on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM
Apprenticeship Application Notice:
The Northern California Valley Sheet Metal Worker’s Training Center is continuously testing on the 2nd Thursday of each month. The testing qualifies you for Sheet Metal, Service Technician and Testing, Adjusting and Balancing. This is a Five (5) Year Apprenticeship Program.
Click here for more detailed information.
Requirements to become a qualified applicant:
- You must provide a valid photo ID as proof of being 18 years of age or older at the time of the pre-qualifying test.
- You must provide an original High School Diploma, Equivalency Certificate, GED, or a sealed transcript.
- You must take the ASVAB and obtain an AFOT score of 40 or higher during our monthly test date or have your results from a prior test date that is within the past two years.
Procedure for Testing
- Test is given on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m. at the Sheet Metal Workers Training Center. Please arrive early, doors open at 12:45.
- We allow three hours for the test, which includes completing the required application, and orientation.
- If your AFQT score is below 40 you may retake the test at the next scheduled test date. After 2 unsuccessful attempts you will have to wait six (6) months before you will be eligible to retake the test.
- All successful applicants will be ranked and added to our qualified applicant list by their test scores.
- All qualified applicants are required to contact the Sheet Metal Workers Training Center at least every six months in order to maintain their place on the list.
- All applicants who have successfully passed the test and meet all other requirements will be able to seek employment. A list of sponsoring shops will be available for all qualified applicants.
- All applicants must pass a DOT Drug Screen prior to being dispatched.
- All applicants start out as a pre-apprentice, and will not attend any apprentice classes until your employer sponsors you and the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (JATC) indentures (accepts) you into the Apprenticeship Program.
Sheet Metal Workers’ Training Center
3665 Bleckely Street
Mather, CA 95655
Phone: (916) 922-9381