HEAT AND FROST AND ALLIED WORKERS JOINT APPRENTICESHIP AND TRAINING COMMITTEE
Application deadline: October 12, 2020 at 2:00 PM
Apprenticeship Application Notice:
A union apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you like to work with your hands, are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years, have dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team; want to earn a living wage and good benefits; and want the opportunity to advance in your career.
Click here for more detailed information.
What Is A Heat And Frost Insulator?
The function of an insulator is to insulate mechanical structures & systems, whether hot or cold, from ambient temperatures. Any surfaces having low, medium or high temperatures, such as boilers, refrigeration units, furnaces, heat exchangers, many pipes, tanks, etc., found in powerhouses, refineries, aboard ships, in high-rise buildings, will be insulated by our mechanics for process control, for fire protection, for personnel protection or for sound reduction. After the insulation has been applied, protective covers, coatings and jacketing are also fabricated and installed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. There is no maximum age.
- Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent).
- Applicant must have completed one year of geometry or algebra with a passing grade.
- Related Training Classes are conducted only in English.
- Applicant must complete all application forms and must be legally employable in the United States of America. .
- Applicants must possess a current, valid driver’s license allowing the applicant to operate a motor vehicle in California and/or Nevada.
Written applications in California will be available and accepted at the beginning of each quarter on the SECOND MONDAY OF THAT MONTH (January, April, July & October). The time when applications are available will be from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM, except noon -1:00 PM, at the following location:
3801 Park Rd.
Benicia, CA 94510
Written applications in Nevada will be available and accepted on the SECOND MONDAY OF EACH MONTH). The time when applications are available will be from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM, except noon-1:00 PM, at the following location:
740 Freeport Glvd., Suite #104
Sparks, NV 89431
Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply!!
Veterans are encouraged to register with Helmets to Hardhats at helmetstohardhats.org
Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply!!!
To complete the program, apprentices must work at least 8000 hours on the job, rotating through various work processes. This is to obtain a well-rounded exposure to the trade. Apprentices must also attend at least 800 hours of training classes (160 hours per year for five years) at the Insulators Apprentice Training Center in Benicia, California.