NORCAL JATC SOUND AND COMMUNICATION ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: Continuously Open
Apprenticeship Application Notice:
The Northern California Sound and Communications JATC is accepting applications on a continuous basis.
Click here for more detailed information.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Applicant must be 17 years of age to register, and 18 years of age at the time of selection
- High school graduate or have a G.E.D. or have a two-year Associate Degree or higher
- Valid License at the time of indenture.
- Evidence of successful completion of one full year (two semesters) of high school algebra or one semester of college elementary algebra with a minimum grade of “C” or equivalent or provide evidence of having successfully completed the Electrical Training Alliance Tech Math Course (available online at the http://www.electricaltrainingalliance.org )
- Physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job
- Able to get to and from work at job sites, as assigned
- Able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights
- Able to crawl and work in cramped spaces such as attics, manholes, and crawlspaces
- Able to read, hear, and understand instructions and warnings.
If You Are A Veteran!!
Submit form DD214 for possible consideration of military training and/or experience, if applicable.
Click here to apply online
Click here for the Apprentice Application Process
Once your application is completed, you will be scheduled to take the Electrical Trades Aptitude Exam at our Technology Training Center in San Leandro, CA. If you pass the aptitude exam with a score of 4 or higher, you will be invited to an oral interview. Applicants will receive a ranked score based upon their interview. Applicants with the highest scores are placed at the top of a ranked list (this list is always evolving) based on location. As Apprentices are needed, the applicant at the top of the ranked list is offered the opportunity to become an Apprentice. You must also consent to substance abuse screening.
NorCal S&C JATC does not discriminate in its educational and admissions policies on the basis of Age, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Race, Religion, Color, Ethnicity, National Origin, Disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.