UA #342 ACCEPTING APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS: Feb. 1, 2021 – Feb. 5, 2021
(Application dates/process are subject to change based upon current COVID-19 State and Local requirements. Please check back for updates.)
Application to be submitted in person: Feb. 1, 2021 – Feb. 5, 2021
Apprenticeship Recruitment 2021
Plumbing, Steamfitting, Welding Apprenticeship Openings for Contra Costa & Alameda Counties
CLICK HERE to visit this post on UA #342’s website and to get more information.
DATE: February 1, 2021 through February 5, 2021 (Application dates/process are subject to change based upon current COVID-19 State and Local requirements. Please check back for updates.)
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ONLY
LOCATION: UA Local 342 Training Center
935 Detroit Avenue, Concord, CA 94518
Please Note: Applications must be completed in person. You cannot apply without the required items listed below.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please note: The copies you provide will not be returned)
- Proof of age is required at the time of application: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age; or will be 18 years of age by August 2021. You must provide a copy of one of the following:
- Valid Driver License, or
- Valid State Issued Identification Card, or
- Birth Certificate along with a photo I.D., or
- Proof of High School Diploma or legal equivalent is required when applying: You must provide a copy of one of the following:
- High School Diploma, or
- General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) or,
- If not yet graduated from high school; Current Official Sealed Transcripts
- Applicant must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicants who meet the above requirements will be scheduled to take a two-part written test approx. one month after application: Numerical Ability (Math) and Mechanical Aptitude. The minimum passing score shall be a 75% composite grade.
- Applicants successfully passing the qualifying written test will be scheduled and notified for an oral interview with the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. The minimum passing score for interview shall be a 75%.
- Upon completion of the oral interview, applicants will be evaluated based on their qualifying written test results and oral interview scoring. Applicants passing overall evaluation will be placed on a ranked and rated eligibility list (highest scorer and down) for possible call-up when apprentices are to be taken into the program.
- A minimum of five (5) years of on-the-job training and five (5) years of school. Apprentices attend classes (2-3) nights or days per week. Some Saturday classes may apply.