Bay Area County Electricians (IBEW Inside) Apprenticeship Programs Application Schedule:
– Alameda County – open for one day on January 15, 2016 for applications
– Contra Costa County – open yearly, now closed for applications in 2015
– Santa Clara County – first Wednesday of the following months: January, April, July & October between 9:00AM to 12:00PM
–San Mateo County – third Wednesday of each month (except Office Holidays) at 10:00AM sharp.
– San Francisco County suspended until July 2016.
– Tri-County Electrical JATC – deadline to apply Thursday, July 6, 2017. Please remember to study so that you do your best before you take any area IBEW JATC test. The test is a national test and your results will count for all IBEW JATC applications you make. There are provisions to retake the test in certain circumstances. For more information, contact the JATC program to which you are applying.
This is a five year apprenticeship program. Apprentices accepted to the program join the IBEW union local and are dispatched by IBEW to electrical contractors. Throughout the program, the apprentice works during the day and attends pre-determined class at the Electrical Training Center.
Duties: The Apprentice Electrician works directly under the supervision of and assists a qualified Journeyman Electrician in installing or maintaining a variety of approved wiring methods for distribution of electrical light, heat, power, radio and signaling utilization systems in existing or new buildings under construction of residential, commercial and industrial occupancies; including street and highway lighting, traffic signal and other outdoor above and below grade installations.
For more information regarding minimum requirements and application process click on the appropriate county.